BS Computer Engineering
Graduates are expected to understand computer hardware and software, and their interdependencies as computer engineering focuses on the areas of digital systems, computer architecture, microprocessors, computer programming using machine level and high-level languages, data communications, computer networks, and operating systems, among others.
Program Mode of Delivery of Instruction
- Blended Program - The Blended program was designed for the student who wishes to have face-to-face teaching or a mix of face-to-face and online teaching/learning activities (TLAs) in some or all of his/her courses.
UOx (Fully Online) Program – The UOx or fully online program was designed for the student who wishes “anywhere anytime” education or who totally does not wish to be constrained by geography and time in the teaching/learning activities throughout the duration of his/her period of study. For a program to be “anywhere anytime”, the teaching/learning activities (TLAs) of all courses must be asynchronous, where learning does not require real-time interaction. Instead, content and coursework are available online for students to access at a time that best suits their schedules. The only time consideration in this mode of program delivery is in the deadlines of submission of assessment tasks and in the school academic calendar.
- Accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, Inc.)
- Accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of PTC-ACBET (Philippine Technological Council - Accreditation and Certification Board for Engineering and Technology)
- Accredited Level III by the PACUCOA (Philippine Association of Colleges and Universities Commission on Accreditation)
Center of Excellence by the CHED (Commission on Higher Education)
Program Educational Objectives
Within five years after graduation, the graduates of Computer Engineering Program shall have:
- Undertaken, singly or in teams, projects that show ability to solve complex engineering problems.
- Had substantial involvement in projects that take into consideration safety, health, environmental concerns and the public welfare, partly through adherence to required codes and laws.
- Demonstrated professional success via promotions and/or positions of increasing responsibility.
- Demonstrated life-long learning via progress toward completion of an advanced degree, professional development/continuing education courses, or industrial training courses..
- Demonstrated technical expertise, professionalism, and ethics in ICT, computer hardware and software systems development, entrepreneurship or other related fields in the practice of Computer Engineering for the advancement of industry and society.
ABET Student Outcomes
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
PTC and CHED Student Outcomes
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret from data
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- An ability to communicate effectively
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in the global and societal context
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- A knowledge of contemporary issues
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects in multidisciplinary environments
- Understand at least one specialized field of Computer Engineering practice