BS Electrical Engineering
The Electrical Engineering program deals with the study and use of technology and applied science involving electrical phenomena. It involves the application of the basic theories in the design, installation, operation, and maintenance of electrical apparatuses and systems as they are used in the generation, transmission, distribution, and utilization of electrical energy for various commercial, industrial, and other purposes. It also includes courses in power electronics, industrial automation, principles of communications, electromagnetics, entrepreneurship, with actual extensive use of computer applications in power systems such as load flow, short circuits, and dynamic solutions, to name a few.
It is important that the student builds a good foundation in the areas of mathematics and physical science. It is oriented towards the understanding of the basic theory and concepts needed for entry into any of the many activities in the profession including but not limited to design, operations and management, teaching, sales, and consulting
Laboratory experience is emphasized to provide familiarity with electrical, electronic, and computing equipment and with experimental techniques. Modern tools and laboratory equipment are available for electrical and electronic circuits, machines, power systems, and computer applications.
Program Mode of Delivery of Instruction
- Blended Program - The Blended program was designed for the student who wishes to have face-to-face teaching or a mix of face-to-face and online teaching/learning activities (TLAs) in some or all of his/her courses.
UOx (Fully Online) Program – The UOx or fully online program was designed for the student who wishes “anywhere anytime” education or who totally does not wish to be constrained by geography and time in the teaching/learning activities throughout the duration of his/her period of study. For a program to be “anywhere anytime”, the teaching/learning activities (TLAs) of all courses must be asynchronous, where learning does not require real-time interaction. Instead, content and coursework are available online for students to access at a time that best suits their schedules. The only time consideration in this mode of program delivery is in the deadlines of submission of assessment tasks and in the school academic calendar.
- Accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, Inc.)
- Accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of PTC-ACBET (Philippine Technological Council - Accreditation and Certification Board for Engineering and Technology)
- Accredited Level III by the PACUCOA (Philippine Association of Colleges and Universities Commission on Accreditation)
Center of Excellence by the CHED (Commission on Higher Education)
Program Educational Objectives
Within five years after graduation, the graduates of Electrical Engineering Program shall have:
- Undertaken, singly or in teams, projects that show ability to solve complex engineering problems.
- Had substantial involvement in projects that take into consideration safety, health, environmental concerns and the public welfare, partly through adherence to required codes and laws.
- Demonstrated professional success via promotions and/or positions of increasing responsibility.
- Demonstrated life-long learning via progress toward completion of an advanced degree, professional development/continuing education courses, or industrial training courses.
- Demonstrated technical expertise, professionalism, and ethics in power, energy, entrepreneurship or other related fields in the practice of Electrical Engineering for the advancement of industry and society.
ABET Student Outcomes
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
PTC and CHED Student Outcomes
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret from data
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- An ability to communicate effectively
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in the global and societal context
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- A knowledge of contemporary issues
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects in multidisciplinary environments
- Understand at least one specialized field of Electrical Engineering practice